At The Hosting Heroes, we take security seriously, and we encourage all our customers to enhance the security of their hosting accounts by enabling Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). This additional layer of security ensures that only authorized individuals can access your account, even if your login credentials are compromised.
We recommend using the Authy app for 2FA, but you can use any 2FA app that supports Time-Based Tokens. Here's how to set up 2FA for your hosting account:
Step 1: Install the Authy App (If You Don't Already Have It)
- If you don't have the Authy app installed, you can download it from the following links:
Step 2: Set Up Authy (For First-Time Users)
- Open the Authy app and complete the initial setup process.
Step 3: Add Your The Hosting Heroes Account to Authy (Or Another 2FA App)
- Open the Authy app (or your preferred 2FA app) and navigate to the "Add account" or "Add" section. (User Guide)
Step 4: Enabling 2FA for Your Hosting Account
- Log in to our client area here.
- Go to the Two-Factor Authentication settings page by visiting 2FA Settings.
Step 5: Enable 2FA for Your Account
- Click on the "Two Factor Authentication" tab, as shown in the screenshot below.
Step 6: Enable 2FA
- Click the "Click to enable" button.
- Choose "Time-based token" as your 2FA method.
Step 7: Scan the QR Code
- Use your mobile phone's 2FA app (Authy or the app you prefer) to scan the QR code provided.
- If necessary, name the account "The Hosting Heroes" or any name you prefer.
- Save the settings on your mobile phone.
Step 8: Generate and Confirm the 2FA Code
- In your mobile phone's 2FA app, find "The Hosting Heroes" and tap it to generate a 6-digit code.
- Enter this code in the verification field on your screen.
Step 9: Store the Backup Code
- After successfully verifying your 2FA setup, you'll see a green box that says, "Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled."
- Make sure to store the backup code provided somewhere safe. You will need this code if you ever lose access to your 2FA device.
Step 10: Test Your 2FA
- To ensure everything is set up correctly, log out of the client area and log back in. You'll be prompted to enter your 2FA code.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your account. Your account is now even more secure, and you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your data is well protected.
If you ever encounter any issues or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. We are here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your hosting account's security.
Note: This Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) setup guide is specifically for your client area to enhance the security of your package information, billing details, and support tickets. Enabling 2FA here will not activate it for your hosting products. For added security, we strongly recommend setting up 2FA for your hosting products as well, directly within their respective control panels. The procedure for enabling 2FA on your hosting products may vary, so please refer to the control panel's documentation or contact our support team for assistance.